Dow Schofield Watts Transaction Services has been named as the Transaction Services Team of the Year at the 2016 Insider North West Dealmakers Awards. The judges described the team as ‘a quality operation’ and cited the firm’s strong reputation amongst the mid-market private equity community as being key to their decision.
It was one of three accolades for Dow Schofield Watts at the ceremony. The firm also won the Mid-Market Corporate Finance Advisory Team of the Year and the Deal of the Year (£10m to £50m) for its role in the sale of rubber compounder the Berwin Group to the Swedish listed company Hexpol AB.
The winners were announced at the annual awards ceremony at Manchester Central last night. Ed Brentnall, Partner with Dow Schofield Watts Transaction Services in the North West, said: “We are absolutely delighted to be selected as the top transaction services team against tough competition. The award reflects the depth of expertise within the team, and the success of our senior led approach and focus on client service. This caps a great year for us, not just in the North West but across the North.”
Dow Schofield Watts founder James Dow added: “The award for the Transaction Services team is a tremendous testament to a superb collective effort and, unless I am mistaken, it is the first time that the award has not been picked up by one of the Big Four. This represents a coming of age for the team and a platform for continued future success.”
Recent deals on which DSW Transaction Services advised across the North include:
- The sale of Waterfall Catering Group to Paris-based Elior Group SA. DSW TS acted for Waterfall and LDC.
- The £5m investment in digital car retailer Rockar by Maven and NVM.
- Beech Tree Private Equity’s investment in Fluent Money Group, the UK’s largest online secured loans broker.
- The MBO of Giacom World Networks, the Hull-based cloud IT and communications solutions provider, backed by LDC.
- The investment by Mobeus Equity Partners in Redline Security.
- The MBO of TKC backed by NorthEdge Capital